About Air Austral
Measures against sex tourism
Air Austral undertakes to set up measures against sex tourism.
Air Austral, company with regional outreach in the Indian Ocean area, wishes to associate its development in its responsible approach.
The company ranks as a responsible company to its clients, its staff, partners and local authorities of the destinations served .
Air Austral initiates an ethical approach to protect children from sexual exploitation in tourism, especially for risky destinations as Thailand and Madagascar.
Our ethical responsibility
As a IATA member since 1991, Air Austral is bound to respect the Appendix E of IATA Resolution approved in 1996 :
- Prevent the sexual exploitation of children
- Train our staff to intervene when faced with abuses
- Keep our passengers informed
- Cooperate with local authorities
- Approve actions taken by all the tourism industry
In addition to the above requirements, our commitments :
- Cooperate with our partner NGO, ECPAT in this common fight
- Informe on this commitment:
- Our clients on the website www.air-austral.com by creating a dedicated space
- Our distribution network through business visits, our newsletters, and our website www.air-austral.travel
- Our loyal customers through a special newsletter
- Our Tour Operators by including a clause in the contract saying the refusal to support these unacceptable practices
- Broadcasting , aboard flights to risky destinations as Thailand and Madagascar , a video from our partner ECPAT
- Publishing an article about our commitments, through our inflight magazine "ESCALES AUSTRALES"
- Using every means of communication to relay the message to our commercial staff in contact with clients (on the ground and on board)